Pablo was very sick with parvo virus when he was rushed to Romania Animal Rescue’s Homeless Animals Hospital project at Family Vet in Craiova. Parvo virus is ...a highly contagious, deadly infection that can kill dogs within 48 hours. Lucky for Pablo, he has been treated and adopted by a lovely student who will take good care of him. The Homeless Animals Hospital project provides a safety net for dogs like Pablo. Without the financial worry of veterinary fees, more people can give dogs loving homes in Romania, meaning less dogs end up spending most of their lives in shelters facing an uncertain future. Vulnerable dogs like Pablo depend on animal lovers like you. If you already donate—thank you for helping Pablo! Will you SHARE this story with another animal lover?
Nearly two years ago, Katybug was found on the street and brought to the RAR Homeless Animal Hospital by a concerned passerby. She was very weak and her right front leg was dangling unnaturally. She was unable to stand or walk on it. RAR vet’s tried to save Katybug’s leg but unfortunately it was too badly damaged to heal so they made the decision to amputate it. Katybug also had a torn ligament in her back leg that required further surgery. While recovering from her injuries, Katybug struck gold, when long-time RAR supporter Suzy Goffredo Morris visited RAR and fell in love with Katybug. When she was well enough she travelled to New Jersey in the USA to join Suzy’s pack of six dogs. Here is Katybug today, having made the journey from living on the streets of Craiova to a comfy bed in the USA.
This little cute mouse did not know what she was eating. When she was at the farm where she was living. Her hunger was probably so great that she did not care what she ate. Finally, no more hunger! Fourtunately, a good samaritan found her and immediately brough her to our clinic in Craiova. It was very urgent and the vets had to act quickly, because she had been eating warfarin, a rat poisioning which actually contains bitter substances that should have kept her from eating it. She got a blood transfusion and was nursed and nursed until she was out of danger. That was close...
He had parvovirus, an insidious viral disease, ....which prefers animals with weak immune systems, so older dogs and puppies. In the small piture, still with a dripping nose, he already felt better in that picture. His owner immediately took him to our clinic, as the puppy was no longer eating, only vomiting. He was a lucky puppy, as this disease can be life threatening, if not quickly treated. However, his owner could not afford the treatment, which is costly. Now Stolzy and his owner came back with a lot of honey - his way of paying...We say thank you!
Found shivering on the side of a busy road, with internal bleeding and multiple organ trauma and with almost no chances of survival. A very sweet human brought him in to Homeless Animal Hospital which saved his life and gave him a chance. He is now recovering well and in foster care and will soon be up for adoption.
This is the critical work of Homeless Animal Hospital, one of the key programs that we focus on at Romania Animal Rescue. Please support us so we can help as many dogs and cats in need.
This little unnamed guy was lucky in misfortue: he was spotted in the shelter by a helper and immediately taken to Homeless Animal Hospital.
He had so much pain that he whimpered without a trace. Thanks to the courageous intervention of the Romania Animal Rescue vet staff, he is well again.
The Homeless Animal Hospital vet team traveled to a very poor area of Romania to help out a very needy family that has 16 dogs in their care. A very poor but very caring family that do what they can to rescue and help out as many dogs as they can. We spayed/neutered all the dogs and provided vaccines and parasite treatments. One of the dogs had heart failure and received a special examination/treatment.